We are continuing to accept applications for the next intake of the SAP Analytic Training.
In the light of the current situation with Covid-19 and social distancing measures in place, at least the initial part of the selection process maybe conducted remotely. Candidates will be notified of the adapted selection process on receipt of your application form.
Deadline for accepting applications: 13 September 2020
Train to be a Jungian Adult Analyst.
This three year programme combines a theoretical programme with a requirement of personal analysis, and will equip the analyst to work with adults in in-depth analysis up to a frequency of 4 or 5 times per week.
Outline of Training
This programme has now been revised to create a more flexible, modular course (see the former Director of Training’s blog post).
You can download a Training Brochure here.
- A degree or degree equivalent;
- A relevant professional qualification is an advantage;
- Personal analysis for a minimum of 150 sessions by the time of application with the same analyst at a frequency of 4 or 5 times weekly. Personal analysis must be undertaken with a Training Analyst of this Society;
- Experience of working in the field of psychotherapy with at least two patients out of a broad caseload for a minimum of one year, under supervision.
- Experience of working in the psychiatric field, with both inpatients and outpatients and to be familiar with a wide range of diagnostic categories
|Analytic Training – Tuition Fees/Year
(payable in 3 termly instalments)
|Subscription to JAP (per year)||£27.33|
|Subscription to PEPWeb (per year)||£25|
|Individual Supervision Fees (per session)||£65|
|Group Supervision Fees (per session)||£35|
The major cost of training lies in the cost of analysis, the fees for which are arranged with the analyst. Supervision fees are paid direct to the supervisor.
Group and Individual Supervision continue even after the theoretical component of the training is over until qualification for SAP membership.
What to do next
Should you have any further queries, a preliminary interview to discuss your eligibility to train can be arranged.
If you are ready to make an application, you can download the application and annexure here.
There will be 2 selection cycles for the Analytic Training in 2020. The Application deadlines for the 2 cycles are:
- 12 January 2020
- 13 September 2020
For further information, you can contact the Education Manager through this contact form, phone on 020 7419 8898 or write to:
The Society of Analytical Psychology
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
At the time of going to press, this programme was correct. We reserve the right to cancel or alter any part of the programme due to unforeseen circumstances.