Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Training
The training is informed by Jungian and Post-Jungian theory and practice and there is an emphasis on contemporary themes and ideas that are relevant to the provision of analytically informed treatments in a variety of clinical settings. The course also draws on recent research into clinical methods and development in related disciplines such as child development, attachment theory and neuroscience.
Outline of Training
- Approaches to the Unconscious
- The Therapist’s Approach to the Patient in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Transference/Countertransference: What’s you and What’s me?
- The Self: From Cradle to Grave
- The Wounded Healer & Challenging Patients
- Working with Dreams & Symbols
- Brief Psychotherapy
- The Role & Use of Research in Clinical Work
For more details, please download the Training Brochure.
- A degree or degree equivalent;
- A relevant professional qualification is an advantage;
- Personal analysis for a minimum of 12 months prior to starting the training with the same analyst at a frequency of 2 times weekly;
- Trainees will be expected to complete a 6 month placement in a psychiatric setting before or during their training
|Tuition Fees/Year (payable in 3 termly instalments)||£2,787|
|Subscription to JAP (per year)||£27.33|
|Subscription to PEPWeb (per year)||£25|
|Individual Supervision Fees (per session)||£65|
|Group Supervision Fees (per session)||£35|
Supervision fees are paid directly to supervisors.
Fees for personal analysis are over and above these costs and are to be determined between the trainee and the analyst.
Group and Individual Supervision continue even after the theoretical component of the training is over until qualification for SAP membership.
We are now accepting applications for the intake starting January 2019. You can download the application pack here:
Application Deadline for 2019 Intake: 7 May 2018
For any further information or clarifications, please contact the Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 020 7419 8898.
An informal interview to discuss your training needs can be arranged.
At the time of going to press, this programme was correct. We reserve the right to cancel or alter any part of the programme due to unforeseen circumstances.