Jungian Process & Experiential Group (JPEG)
This is a monthly on-going learning experience programme
“The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.” Carl Jung
This exciting programme aims to meet the following interests of participants:
- On-going personal development and exploration with like-minded people through exploring Analytical Psychology
- Exploring the possibility of applying for the NEW twice weekly psychodynamic psychotherapy training or the Adult Analytic training
- General exploration of concepts in Analytical Psychology through reading, discussion, debate, process and experience
JPEG Programme 2018-19
Working with Trauma: Being an outsider on the Inside
In this JPEG programme we will focus on Trauma and how to understand it from a broadly Jungian perspective. Trauma is a response to a generally violent event or a serious of events which occurs for individuals, groups and cultures. For the individual this can lead to dissociation, splitting and the creation of alternative personalities, addictions and a variety of more subtle defenses. For the group and cultures in general trauma can sit in the collective psyche as a historical event or experience and used as a way to understand and the explain the world which creates group cohesion as well as part of a national or cultural identity. A notion of the Other defines the sense of self, group and culture.
In a series of 10 Saturdays through 2018-19, we will use social dreaming, films, readings, art and clinical material to explore how the themes of trauma are experienced and represented.
You can download a JPEG Brochure 2018-2019 here.
JPEG Brochure 2018-2019 will be uploaded here soon with details of each month’s themes.
Format: JPEG meetings are held on a Saturday afternoon once a month in London.
2pm – 3pm: Social Dreaming
3pm – 3.30pm: Tea Break
3:30pm – 4pm: Reading Presentation
4pm – 4:30pm: Large Group reflection/exercise
Entry requirement: The course is open to:
- Past participants of the Foundations Course & Therapeutic Skills Course
- Participants of previous JPEG groups
- Current SAP trainees and course participants
- Other individuals who have done an equivalent introductory course.
Application deadline: 7 September 2018
For further information or clarifications, please contact the Public Events Administrator on 020 7435 7696 or fill in the contact form
We reserve the right to cancel or alter any part of the programme due to unforeseen circumstances.