Date(s) - 15/05/2020
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
The Friday Afternoon Work Discussion
We are offering in 2019-20 an opportunity for clinicians to join a 7-week work discussion group that will meet from 15.00 to 16.30 on seven Fridays, starting on Friday 11th October 2019.
The workshop will explore manifestations of obsessive compulsive behaviours and their interrelatedness with depression and thinking disorders. The aim is to make room for and create a better awareness of how to work with OCD, especially considering the transference and the countertransference. Working psycho-dynamically with OCD patients, especially when they are medicated, requires a great deal of resilience and creativity on the part of the therapist.
This workshop will be limited in number to allow all participants to use clinical material fresh from the consulting room and discuss it in the group. The shared case material will be our ‘text book’ from which theory can be better understood.
Dr. Francesco Bisagni MD – NCPsyA is a psychiatrist, a training and supervising analyst of the SAP, a Tavistock-model trained child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and a psychoanalyst of the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis in the US. He is also founder, supervisor and seminar leader of the Centre for the Studies in Contemporary Psychoanalyses in Milan, where he lives and works in private practice with adults, children and adolescents. He has extensively taught in Europe, Russia and the US and published books and articles in the major analytic journals. His latest book is Obsessions: the Twisted Cruelty, published by Karnac in 2017.
Dates: 11 Oct 2019, 8 Nov 2019, 6 Dec 2019, 7 Feb 2020, 28 Feb 2020, 27 Mar 2020, 15 May 2020
Other events that might interest you
- Understanding OCD - 27/03/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Interpreting Transference and Countertransference - 27/03/2020 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- SAP Annual Lecture - 28/03/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Understanding OCD - 15/05/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Interpreting Transference and Countertransference - 15/05/2020 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Jung’s Red Book: where did it come from, and why does it matter? - 16/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Noah’s Ark: - 30/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- “Starving the Black Material in My Stomach” - 27/06/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm