Date(s) - 24/04/2020
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE:
on the making of the mind
February – December 2020
We are offering in 2020 an opportunity for clinicians to join a monthly ‘work discussion group’ that will meet from 17.00 to 18.30, starting on Friday 7th February to Friday 11th December .
The workshop will explore specific manifestations of transference and countertransference that we encounter in our consulting room. A special focus will be on the somatic expressions of countertransference, in relation to so-called “un-repressed unconscious” and proto-mental contents that are still unthinkable, as well as to how and when the transference can and should be interpreted according to specific clinical situations and different therapeutic settings, via the accurate working through of the countertransference. The workshop will be particularly focused on the ways a mind can be developed out of unthinkable elements.
This workshop will be limited in number to allow all participants to use clinical material fresh from the consulting room and discuss it in the group. They will be asked to share their detailed case material, through which theory can be better understood.
Dr. Francesco Bisagni MD – NCPsyA is a psychiatrist, a training and supervising analyst of the SAP, a Tavistock-model trained child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and a psychoanalyst of the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis in the US. He is also founder, supervisor and seminar leader of the Centre for the Studies in Contemporary Psychoanalyses in Milan, where he lives and works in private practice with adults, children and adolescents. He has extensively taught in Europe, Russia and the US and published books and articles in the major analytic journals. His latest book is Obsessions: the Twisted Cruelty, published by Karnac in 2017.
Other events that might interest you
- Using Our Ethical Thinking - 19/10/2019 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Kill Bill - 26/10/2019 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Displacement - Contemporary Traumatic Experience - 09/11/2019 - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Satanic Error - 30/11/2019 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Jung’s Liber Novus: A Book for the Reader who is to Come? - 30/11/2019 - 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Synchronicity and analytic attitude - 25/01/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- The Scapegoat - 02/02/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 07/02/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 07/02/2020 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Ethnicity and Racism in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy - 29/02/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Hate and Adolescence - 29/02/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 27/03/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 27/03/2020 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- SAP Annual Lecture - 28/03/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 24/04/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 24/04/2020 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 15/05/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 15/05/2020 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Jung’s Red Book: where did it come from, and why does it matter? - 16/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Noah’s Ark: - 30/05/2020 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm