Date(s) - 30/11/2019
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Cambridge - Friends Meeting House
William Blake’s insights for clinical practice and everyday life
William Blake was profoundly impacted by the industrial revolution and railed against ‘Satanic Mills’ that represented for him an aspect of the human mind in a state of repetitive ‘Error’. Blake’s contributions concerning Satan offer a powerful experiential portal or ‘cipher’ into both a ‘mechanical’ mental state and liberation from it. His explorations concerning the inner life pre-date the work of Freud, Jung and later analytic writers. More recently McGilchrist (2012) in The Master and his Emissary adds powerfully to Blake’s insights with contemporary research relating to a dangerous over-valuation of left-brain, scientific processing in the western world coupled with a denigration of the profound relational and integrative qualities that right brain functions promote.
This fully illustrated talk is designed for clinicians and is also suitable for all with an interest in self-development, or in Blake. It will include further development of themes explored in Carol’s paper Evil, Imagination and the Unrepressed Unconscious, which won the 2014 British Journal of Psychotherapy’s Rozsika Parker Prize.
Carol Leader, a supervising Jungian analyst and senior psychoanalytic psychotherapist, previously worked extensively in theatre, TV and radio. A member of The Association for Group and Individual Psychotherapy, she is in full-time private practice and leads workshops and seminars.
Chair: Judy Cowell
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 09/10/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 09/10/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm