Date(s) - 21/10/2017
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Why do you think you’re so special?
What has Analysis really got to offer?
In recent years there has been a huge increase in the number of different kinds of psychological therapies available to people and the choice has been largely personal. Since the introduction of the Government’s NHS ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) programme the question of evidence of particular sorts of efficacy and effectiveness has also entered into the picture. In the light of this how do Analytic ideas and practices stand in relation to these developments and what kind of contribution have they to make both within the mental health services and society more generally?
Richard Mizen began his training with the SAP thirty years ago and has since worked as an analyst, the last twelve years at Exeter. He is currently Programmes’ Director for the Doctor of Clinical Practice, the MSc in Psychological Therapies Practice and Research and, in collabration with the British Pyschotherapy Foundation, Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy clinical trainings at the University of Exeter School of Psychology. A consultant and clinical and research supervisor, he has previously worked in the fields of Adult Mental Health, Child Protection and Forensic Mental Health; he teaches and lectures nationally and internationally. His publications include numerous articles and contributions to a number of books and co-authoring with Mark Morris On Aggression and Violence – An Analytic Perspective (Palgrave Macmillan 2007).
2 hours of CPD units
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- My Cousin Rachel - 18/02/2018 - 10:15 am - 1:00 pm
- Open House 9 March 2018 - 09/03/2018 - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Conflict Reporting: Trauma? Fear? - 20/04/2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Spiritual Experience: Jungian Analysis and the Vedanta: Marcus West & David Sagar - 02/06/2018 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- From the Instinctual to the Cosmic: Jung’s Use of Colour in The Red Book: Diane Finiello Zervas - 30/06/2018 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm