Date(s) - 27/03/2020
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS: NEW THERAPEUTIC CHALLENGES FOR OLD “NEUROSES”
February – December 2020
We are offering in 2020 an opportunity for clinicians to join a monthly ‘work discussion group’ that will meet from 15.00 to 16.30, starting on Friday 7th February 2020 to Friday 11th December 2020.
The workshop will explore manifestations of obsessive-compulsive behaviours and their interrelatedness with depression and thinking disorders, as well as of phobias and anxiety. Psychoanalysis was born with the theoretical and clinical explorations of what Freud named “The Neuro-psychoses of Defence” and later on “Neuroses”. Over the 130 years since the initial pioneering Freud’s observations, neuroses have been differently classified in psychiatric terms and have changed their features according to the cultural changes in western society. Psychoanalysis and Analytical Psychology have enormously evolved as well, providing new tools for the understanding and the clinical approach to these psychic conditions. The aim of the workshop is to make room for and creating a better awareness of how to work with these syndromes, especially considering the transference and the countertransference.
This workshop will be limited in number to allow all participants to use clinical material fresh from the consulting room and discuss it in the group. They will be asked to share their case material which will be our ‘text book’ and from which theory can be better understood.
Dr. Francesco Bisagni MD – NCPsyA is a psychiatrist, a training and supervising analyst of the SAP, a Tavistock-model trained child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and a psychoanalyst of the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis in the US. He is also founder, supervisor and seminar leader of the Centre for the Studies in Contemporary Psychoanalyses in Milan, where he lives and works in private practice with adults, children and adolescents. He has extensively taught in Europe, Russia and the US and published books and articles in the major analytic journals. His latest book is Obsessions: the Twisted Cruelty, published by Karnac in 2017.
Dates: 7 Feb 2020, 27 Mar 2020, 24 Apr, 15 May, 9 Oct, 13 Nov and 11 Dec 2020
These are CPD credit earning sessions open to everybody who works psycho-dynamically and wants to reflect on their work and on ways of working.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- Clinical Workshop on the Beginning of Analysis and Psychotherapy - 03/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 09/10/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 09/10/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Seminar series: Working with early relational trauma - 24/10/2020 - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Seminar Series: A Jungian Approach to Working Online - 31/10/2020 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Seminar Series: A Jungian Approach to Working Online - 21/11/2020 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Seminar series: Working with early relational trauma - 21/11/2020 - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm