Date(s) - 30/05/2020
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
Noah’s Ark: Analysis as the container in which trauma can be revisited and transformed
In this talk I will bring my work with a boy who lost his hearing when he was possibly 9-10 months old. His handicap was discovered only when he was 20 months old. I started working with him when he was 3 and the work lasted for 3 years. At the beginning of our work he offered the metaphor of Noah’s Ark. His trauma was contained in the biblical story he knew. I will show how we could re-live his own personal ‘deluge’, and how we found a way of transforming it.
Alessandra Cavalli, PhD, trained as a child and an adult analyst at the Society of Analytical Psychology and is now a training and supervising analyst. She works in private practice and teaches internationally. She has published extensively in the Journal of Analytical Psychology, and is co-editor with Lucinda Hawkins and Martha Stevns of the book Transformation, published by Karnac Books.
Chair: Bob Clyde
This is a CPD event
Other events that might interest you
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 09/10/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm