Date(s) - 30/11/2019
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
Jung’s Red Book
Jung’s Liber Novus: A Book for the Reader who is to Come?
The publication in 2009 by W. W. Norton of Jung’s Liber Novus in the Philemon Series was met with a variety of responses, ranging from a media circus, negative hallucinations, to visionary engagement and serious scholarly study. A decade later, this talk reflects upon the continued unfolding of its impact.
Professor Sonu Shamdasani is Vice-Dean (International) of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Co-Director of the Health Humanities Centre at UCL, and General Editor of the Philemon Foundation. He is the author and editor of numerous works, including Jung’s Liber Novus, and The Black Books: Notebooks of Transformation (forthcoming, Philemon Series, W. W. Norton, 2020).
Chair: George Bright
A CPD event
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- The Red Book: Jung’s Initiatory Journey toward his Signature Concept of Individuation - 31/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Daphne du Maurier story: The Birds - 22/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Seminar Series: Self and Individuation - 19/01/2021 - 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- SAP Annual Lecture - 20/03/2021 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm