Date(s) - 29/02/2020
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
Hate and Adolescence: The Paradoxes of Growth
The potentially evolutionary aspects of hate represent a challenge for all clinicians who work with adolescents. Psychoanalytic perspectives are explored, in an intra-psychic, group and trans-generational perspective. Jung’s model is immensely inspiring for its continuous stressing on the paradoxical nature of the mind.
Clinical vignettes will be presented to describe these features in the here-and- now reality of the transference and countertransference.
Dr. Francesco Bisagni MD – NCPsyA is a psychiatrist, a training and supervising analyst of the SAP, a Tavistock-model trained child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and a psychoanalyst of the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis in the US. He is also founder, supervisor and seminar leader of the Centre for the Studies in Contemporary Psychoanalyses in Milan, where he lives and works in private practice with adults, children and adolescents. He has extensively taught in Europe, Russia and the US and published books and articles in the major analytic journals. His latest book is Obsessions: the Twisted Cruelty, published by Karnac in 2017.
Chair: Alessandra Cavalli
This is CPD event
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- The Red Book: Jung’s Initiatory Journey toward his Signature Concept of Individuation - 31/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Daphne du Maurier story: The Birds - 22/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Seminar Series: Self and Individuation - 19/01/2021 - 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Seminar Series: Self and Individuation - 16/02/2021 - 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- SAP Annual Lecture - 20/03/2021 - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm