Date(s) - 29/06/2019
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY
Film in Mind –
an SAP/CAP film series
The Society for Analytical Psychology (SAP) in collaboration with the Confederation for Analytical Psychology (CAP) present the first of their new film series.
On three Saturday mornings, throughout the year, from 10am till 1pm, a range of presenters will introduce a film, screen it in full, then, over coffee, invite the audience to talk about what they have seen. Each season will have a theme – for this series the theme that will guide our choice of films is: Strong Women
Christopher Hauke (SAP member and Chair of CAP) will be introducing the first film and leading a discussion at the end. The first film in the series is: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Martin McDonagh, 2017) The Oscar-winning actress Frances McDormand delivers a powerful performance in this darkly comic drama which was one of the best films of 2017. The story concerns a murdered girl’s defiant mother (McDormand) who paints three controversial messages on separate billboards beside the road in Ebbing, thus igniting a furious battle with a volatile cop (Sam Rockwell) and the town’s revered chief of police (Woody Harrelson).
Christopher Hauke is a Jungian analyst and a Senior Lecturer at Goldsmiths who writes about film and culture. His books include Jung and the Postmodern: The Interpretation of Realities, (2000); Human Being Human. Culture and the Soul (2005), Contemporary Jungian Analysis (1998); Jung and Film. Post-Jungian Takes on the Moving Image (2001) and Jung and Film II – The Return (2011) His own short films, One Color Red; Green Ray and Again have been screened in London, Barcelona, Zurich and Montreal. His latest book on film is Visible Mind. Movies, Modernity and the Unconscious. www.christopherhauke.com
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 09/10/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 09/10/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- The Red Book: Jung’s Initiatory Journey toward his Signature Concept of Individuation - 31/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Daphne du Maurier story: The Birds - 22/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm