Date(s) - 24/10/2020
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Autumn 2020 Online CPD Seminar
Seminar series:Contemporary Jungian perspectives on working with early relational trauma
|19 Sep 2020||Seminar 1||Understanding early relational trauma|
|24 Oct 2020||Seminar 2||Trauma and the therapeutic relationship|
|21 Nov 2020||Seminar 3||The somatic and the psychoid dimensions in working with early trauma|
In this series we will explore the issues involved in working with trauma in clinical practice. We will start by looking at the origins of early relational trauma from the perspectives of neuroscience, attachment research, infant studies as well as Jungian and relational psychoanalysis.
With these perspectives in mind, we will think about applying this understanding to the clinical work with the trauma sequelae, such as dissociation, fragmentation, profound experiences of disconnectedness, aloneness and mistrust to human connection. We will look at the verbal as well as the non-verbal dimensions of the analytic process relevant to working with trauma. This will include discussing the challenges for the therapeutic relationship encountered in working with traumatised patients as well as the aspects of the analytic attitude important for meeting these challenges.
We will also discuss possible ways of approaching somewhat more mysterious dimensions of the work, such as the somatic and the psychoid levels of expression as well as the emergence of synchronistic experiences in working with early trauma and how, when this happens, the re-connecting impact of such experiences can be profound and deeply transformative for both participants of the analytic process.
Dr Lara Lagutina is Programme Director for the Analytic Training at the SAP. She is a Jungian Analyst and a Clinical Psychologist, with a specialist training in working with trauma and a particular interest in early and developmental trauma. She works in full time private practice in South East London.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Other events that might interest you
- Clinical Workshop on the Beginning of Analysis and Psychotherapy - 03/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 09/10/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 09/10/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Seminar series: Working with early relational trauma - 24/10/2020 - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Seminar Series: A Jungian Approach to Working Online - 31/10/2020 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 13/11/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 13/11/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Seminar Series: A Jungian Approach to Working Online - 21/11/2020 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Seminar series: Working with early relational trauma - 21/11/2020 - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- OBSESSIONS, ANXIETIES AND PHOBIAS - 11/12/2020 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- SOMATIC COUNTERTRANSFERENCE AND THE UNTHINKABLE: - 11/12/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm