Therapy, analysis and counselling for adults, adolescents and children.
The Society of Analytical Psychology offers psychotherapy, analysis and short-term work to people who are in distress or have emotional problems, as well as to those who feel a lack of fulfilment or seek an exploration of meaning in their lives. Learn more about us...
Welcome to the Society of Analytical Psychology: Jungian analysis, psychotherapy, training and supervision.
The Society of Analytical Psychology is one of the leading training institutes in Jungian analysis and psychotherapy, integrating the ideas of Carl Gustav Jung and post-Jungian developments with those of psychoanalysis.
Members of the SAP are all qualified analysts who have undergone an in-depth training and personal analysis. Members are trained in the analysis of adults and there are those who specialise in work with children and adolescents. Most members are registered with either the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) or the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Whilst the largest number of our analysts are based in and around London, we also have many other analysts across the United Kingdom and abroad.
The C.G. Jung Clinic - a consultation and referral service
Central to the ethos of the SAP is the C.G. Jung Clinic. Founded at the same time as the Society in 1946, the C.G. Jung Clinic provides a consultation and referral service for those seeking a Jungian analysis or less intensive Jungian psychotherapy.
There are two routes offered to people who might be interested; both begin with an initial confidential consultation with an experienced analyst. This is an opportunity to talk about yourself and any difficulties you are experiencing as well as exploring what may suit you in terms of therapy. You may be referred on privately to an SAP analyst or, in certain qualifying circumstances, you may be offered a place on the reduced fee scheme. There are a limited number of vacancies available on this scheme.
For more information about the Clinic, or to arrange a consultation, see our dedicated C.G. Jung Clinic page.
The Society also provides:
- Find and contact an analyst or therapist - directly through the listing available on this website
- Training in Jungian analysis – a four-year course in Analytical Psychology.
- Training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy - a three-year course in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy informed by Jungian and Post-Jungian theory and practice
- Talks, Workshops & Conferences – an extensive series of events for professionals and the general public.
- The Journal of Analytical Psychology – the JAP is the leading Jungian journal with an emphasis on clinical concerns, publishing papers, articles and reviews since 1955.
- Resources and Education – the SAP functions as a resource for those wanting to learn more about Analytical Psychology either for their personal interest, for study, or for those in the media. Papers and information are available on this website, and books, videos, articles and audio CDs and tapes are available, written and prepared by members, which advance ideas about the theory and practice of Analytical Psychology.
- The SAP also initiated the Russian Revival Project to train local psychotherapists and mental health professionals in St. Petersburg and Moscow to work in depth with adults and children.
REGISTERED CHARITY No 238441, REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES AS A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE No 402695